Below are listed our Family Fixed Fees chargeable for Family Work involving divorce/ dissolution of civil partnership, money matters as a result of relationship breakdown, children matters. These charges are for the office based work only. If you wish us to attend court on your behalf separate charges will apply. Further there may be additional charges for experts or barristers, which will be agreed with you prior to any instructions to them.
Alternatively you can decide to ask us to do just some of the work and in this case an hourly rate will be applied
We are happy to accept payment of our fees by debit/ credit card (this excludes any fees payable to a third party such as court fee or experts fee) or by monthly installments
Our Initial Advice for divorce/ civil partnership dissolution, money matters arising from relationship breakdown or children issues not involving children’s services, is included in our fixed fee if you chose to instruct us.
- One 45 minute session of legal advice and letter confirming advice.
What is not included
- Completing the forms; dealing with any questions or letters from your spouse/civil partner or solicitors instructed on their behalf including anything about the children or money issues; filing the papers at court; payment of Court Fees; dealing with any questions or request for further information received from the Court Office or attending any Court hearing.
Divorce/ Civil Partnership dissolution acting for the Petitioner.
From 1st April 2018 Fee £475.00 plus VAT (£565.00 total) plus court fees
- Initial meeting; completing the Petition/ statement of arrangements for children on your behalf; providing you with the application form for remission of fees with guidance; sending the papers to court; completing documents for the progress of the divorce/ dissolution up to and including obtaining the Decree Absolute; dealing with any questions raised by the Court, and corresponding with your spouse/ civil partner or their solicitors about the divorce petition itself
What is not included
- Payment of any Court Fees; attending any court hearings which may arise to progress the petition; dealing with any questions or correspondence about money matters or children issues (separate charges apply), or preparation of any documents or information in respect of money matters or children issues
Divorce/ Dissolution of Civil Partnership – Respondent
From 1st april 2018 Fee £225.00 plus VAT (£270.00 total)
- One 45 minute session of legal advice to include completion of the acknowledgement of service form; letter confirming advice, and completion of an application for the Decree Absolute/ Final Order if you have to make it.
What is not included
- Dealing with any questions or letters from your spouse/ civil partner or solicitors instructed on their behalf about either children matters or financial matters (separate charges apply); court fees, dealing with any questions or request for further information received from the Court Office.
Explaining and drafting consent order, or financial agreement if no divorce, where there is no disclosure of financial documents.
Fee £600.00 plus VAT (£720.00 total) plus court fee.
If the order is a clean break order the fee will be £500.00 plus VAT (£600.00 total)
This fee will apply following your negotiation and/ or mediation where an agreement is reached so that a consent order can be filed at court.
- Up to 5 hours of office work (meetings/ telephone calls with you and the other side if necessary) to discuss the proposal reached including advice about whether the agreement is reasonable, and one which the court may approve; drafting the proposed consent order and court documents to enable an application for a consent order to be made, and corresponding with the other side and the court to obtain the order
- Court Fees; attending any hearing which may arise if for example the court sets down a clarification hearing; any work needed following an order being made to comply with/ enforce the order made, or any work necessary to transfer or sell property or other assets either during the proceedings or after any order made
- *If more than 5 hours office work becomes necessary then we will provide you with further estimates, and discuss the best way forward for you.
Dealing with an application to Court for an order, or where there is agreement following disclosure of financial documents
Fee £800.00 plus VAT (total £960.00)* plus Court fees
What is included
- Up to 7 hours of office work – meetings/ telephone calls/correspondence/ with you and the other side; completion of the relevant documents for the Court, including the Form E and serving them on the court and other side; negotiating a settlement if possible; advice as to what offers to make or on an offer made, and drafting/ approving proposed consent order (where applicable) and completing supporting documents, and obtaining order
- Court Fees; professionals fees; attending any court hearings (separate charges apply), or any work necessary to transfer or sell property or other assets either during the proceedings or after any order made whether an interim or final order
*If more than 7 hours office work becomes necessary then we will provide you with further estimates, and discuss the best way forward for you.
REPRESENTATION AT COURT
Court hearings are usually listed with other cases. This means it is not possible to tell how long you will be at court. Whilst at court negotiations can take place, the time when you see the judge depends on what is in the list and whether other cases have agreed orders. For this reason we will give an estimate of charges for each hearing you wish us to attend.
PRIVATE LAW CHILDREN MATTERS
Negotiating and referral to Mediation Information Assessment Meeting (MIAM).
Fixed fee £300.00 plus VAT (£360.00 total)*
Included: Up to 3 hours office work to include initial meeting; letter confirming advice given; making referral to MIAM, and corresponding with the other side
Not included: making an application to the Court following the MIAM; payment of any Court Fees or attending any court hearings.
Where an application is made to court, to include attending the First Appointment at Court.*
Fee £700.00 plus VAT (total £840.00) plus court fees and travel costs.
Where either you have applied or the other parent has applied to Court for a contact order
- Up to 3 hours of office work (meetings/ telephone calls/correspondence/ with you and the other side); negotiating a settlement if possible, and if so drafting/ approving proposed consent order or completing the application forms on your behalf; providing you with the application form for remission of fees with guidance; sending the papers to court,
Not included Court fee, or professionals fees
* If it is not possible for a member of this firm to attend the hearing a barrister will be instructed, and this will be a separate charge agreed with you prior to attending court.
If as a result of the hearing there is further work to be undertaken, and a further court hearing, we will discuss the additional charges with you.